Mail Archive Home | apollon-dev List | June 2003 Index

[Apollon-dev] Problems using Apollon

Hi,

I am triing to use Apollon (latest cvs version) to generate GUI to edit the
C-JDBC DTD (c-jdbc.objectweb.org).

First of all, the JDK 1.4 seems to be needed to compile Apollon?
With JDK 1.3, I have got the following error:

compile_generators:
     [echo] Compiling the Apollon generators.
    [javac] Compiling 48 source files to
/home/mpeltier/no_backup/APOLON/testing/classes
    [javac]
/home/mpeltier/no_backup/APOLON/src/java/org/objectweb/apollon/gui/ApollonTabbedPanel.java:51:

cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable SCROLL_TAB_LAYOUT
    [javac] location: class javax.swing.JTabbedPane
    [javac]
setTabLayoutPolicy(javax.swing.JTabbedPane.SCROLL_TAB_LAYOUT);
    [javac]                                                   ^
    [javac] 1 error

Other pb: when I try to parse the c-jdbc.dtd (see here:
http://cvs.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/c-jdbc/xml/c-jdbc.dtd?rev=1.38&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=c-jdbc),
the compilation of the generated files fails because the Unmarshallable class
seems to be missing.

   [javac]
/home/mpeltier/no_backup/APOLON/testing/apollon_generated/cjdbc/VariablePoolConnectionManagerImpl.java:65:

cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Unmarshallable
    [javac] location: class cjdbc.VariablePoolConnectionManagerImpl
    [javac]     private Unmarshallable zeus_currentUNode;
    [javac]

I have tried with a simplier DTD, it works and generates an
Unmarshallable.java file. I have tried to copy it to the c-jdbc
generated classes directory in order to be able to compile. Then the
compilation succeeds, but I have got a NullPointerException when I clik to
"new cjdbc" in the GUI.

Last question: is there a way to configure the generated GUI?
(currently to save the file you are editing is not possible?)

Thanks,

--
Mathieu Peltier
INRIA Rhône-Alpes - ObjectWeb Consortium