From: enhydra-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:enhydra-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Madl Alfred
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:52 PM
To: enhydra@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Enhydra: Enhydra 5.0 Windows Native Compiles Beta

Hi !

Just want to inform that I released the first Beta of a Windows native compiled version of Enhydra 5.0. Multiserver can now be an exe without any JDK, etc.

http://debian-sf.objectweb.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21&release_id=63

Setup's are still very ugly, produce wrong shortcuts, no uninstall,... but the server and the applications are working !

For detailed explanations try a look into the doc's package :-)

 Especially scenario 3 (compiled Multiserver server as native “Windows service” executing jar-applications in mixed mode with persistent JIT) should be interesting for everyone using Enhydra on Windows... Depending on the application there can be tremendous performance improvements !

We will try to produce better Setups for the final release. Feedback is very welcome.

Please try to install your applications under the “scenario-3” Multiserver and tell us if you experience any problems.

Greetings.

Alfred