Mail Archive Home | architecture List | December 2003 Index

Propose a JSR based on XMLC

Hi,

I was discussing with Christophe Ney and other XMLC developers about the possibility to propose a JSR based on XMLC.

XMLC is an alternative technology to JSP. Instead of treating Web presentation (HTML/XHTML/WML/etc) as a big string template like JSP, XMLC treats these presentation as structural Java Object based on DOM (Document Object Model). This approach provides better separation of presentation from business logic and prompt better division of labor between page designers and programmers.

XMLC was originally developed as part of Lutris' Enhydra app server and has since grown a developer community behind it. The lack of standardization in XMLC's technology has been a obstacle of the acceptance to the development community. The right to XMLC has recently being purchased by Together and donated to ObjectWeb.

We felt that the time has come to push for a JSR on XMLC's technology. We are seeking for the support of ObjectWeb to sponsor this effort.

  More information of XMLC can be found at:

http://xmlc.enhydra.org/

Thanks.

David Li