From: Philippe Merle <Philippe.Merle@xxxxxxx>
Date: Jeu nov 27, 2003  10:40:33 Europe/Paris
To: college@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [college] Fwd: [webmaster] New SourceForge project submitted

Hi,

In my previous message, I have asked some questions to
the submitter of the new project. If you have more questions
don't hesitate to ask them to him (with a copy to the college
mailing list).

Perhaps this time we could be proactive, e.g. push synergy
between ObjectWeb activities instead of having two things
doing similar work.

For me, MonoLog API is not incompatible with high performance journal.
Or if this is incompatible, I need to understand why?

A+
Philippe Merle

Philippe Merle wrote:

Hello,

Your project seems to be interesting for the ObjectWeb
middleware community.

The ObjectWeb college of architects should status on your
project submission. In order to help us, could you reply to
the following questions:

1) Why would you like to start a project under the BSD license?
   The ObjectWeb recommanded license is LGPL.

2) Do you think that your work could be part of a larger initiative
   on logging? If yes, what relations could be built between your
project and the MonoLog project? Could your High Performance Journal
   use the API defined by the MonoLog project? If no, why?

3) What is the status of the implementation of the proposed project?

Best Regard
Philippe Merle
President of the ObjectWeb College of Architects