Mail Archive Home | architecture List | December 2003 Index

Re: Joining ObjectWeb

At 14:49 06/12/2003 +0100, Stefano Fornari wrote:

Hi Francois,
I have registered and posted the agrements. What's next?

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

our legal will send you back the membership agreement signed on our side, which may take some time, but we'll consider your membership valid as soon as we receive your mail.

As I understand your request, "making Sync4j a part of ObjectWeb initiative" actually means "making Sync4j an ObjectWeb project". First of all, I saw that Sync4j is currently under a BSD license. We usually recommend the LGPL, but we recently released two components under BSD too. Therefore, this license should fit us well.

To submit your project, create yourself an account on our Forge (forge.objectweb.org) and follow the online project submission process. Well, as for membership, there's an online process but there are also human involved behind the scenes ;-) Your request will be handled by our College of Architects, which is composed of project leaders + coopted experts. For this reason, feel free to accompany your request with an explanation of the ins and outs of Sync4j, and to explain your position on licensing by the way.

We generally require that project be hosted on our Forge to meet the objectives of durability that are part of the consortium's mission.

I also understand that you plan to become a corporate member. We recommend that new members put out a press release to inform the media about their new membership and explain their strategy and positionning with regards with ObjectWeb. I would be happy to help you on this matter should you need ObjectWeb input.

On the practical side, we're gonna replace/upgrade our hardware (web servers) in the coming weeks. I should not be a problem for the Forge operations (except for a couple of hour of down time), but this may not be the best period for putting up project home and documentation pages. Sorry for the inconvenience...

I'm very happy to welcome you to OW and wish the best to Sync4j.

Best regards,

Francois LETELLIER wrote:
Hi Stefano,
these are good news you tell us. You're very welcome to become individual(s) member(s). This is a painless process.
Just drop by our "on line registration wizzard" at:
http://consortium.objectweb.org/registration.html
Then make sure to print, sign and send back your membership agreement (this process will basicly be the same for corporate membership).
Enjoy !