Mail Archive Home | architecture List | August 2004 Index

Re: [architecture] Fwd: greeting from XimpleWare

Antoine,

Thanks for the questions.

1. Currently vtd-xml is non-validating.
2. Remeber that comparing SAX and VTD-xml is not a fair comparison,
because SAX programming, when factoring in the logic to track state and
buffer conect, is far slower than its raw speed. Therefore VTD-XML is
far better than SAX in that it offers random access.

3. Pull parser has the same problem as SAX: it is difficult,  sometimes
incapcitating,
in dealing with complex documents. The result is bulky, hardcoded code that
is hard to maintain. VTD-XML is much easier to use than SAX, VTD-XML
is even easier to use than DOM. Try it and you will see.

4. with VTD-XML, the assumption is about to change, SAX and PULL no
 longer offers teh most scalable solution, VTD-XML will be better by a big
 margin.

5. if i understand correctly DOM is considered resource intensive not
because
it has to buffer the XML document, instead it is because there is 5~10x size
increase when converted into a DOM tree. VTD-XML is about 30% ~50%
bigger, making it far more resource friendly than DOM.

6. VTD-XML should give people the combination of easy to use, high
performance
and resource conserving and many more new features, such as incremental
update.

I look forward to your suggestion!
Cheers,
Jimmy