Mail Archive Home | c-jdbc List | August 2004 Index

Re: [c-jdbc] severe problem on production system

Marc,

could it be related to the synchronization issue you are currently working on ?

No, the issue I was working on is for a user triggered backend disabling where we suspended all new transactions before disabling the backend. If there was pooling on the client side, some connections might have remained in opened transactions without any query executed and the controller would have been waiting for these transactions to complete. This has been fixed but this is an independent problem.

The problem seems to happen after one of the backends were disabled.

There are so many problems beforehand that it is hard to say that this could be the cause. The virtual database settings do not seem optimal either. I would need the exact configuration to figure this out, but if the default configuration was used, the stack trace seems to be consistent with the default settings.

Emmanuel