Mail Archive Home | c-jdbc List | August 2004 Index

Re: [c-jdbc] severe problem on production system

For german LATIN1 is right, for Turkish I don't know as I don't speak Turkish.

It could also be problem with binary data. You will have to look at the statements causing the problem. Does the UTF-8 error only happen when using c-jdbc or is it normal for your application ?

With the attribute sqlDumpLength in the virtual database config you can dump more of the failing sql (default is 40 chars)

2004-08-28 18:06:54,337 WARN  controller.RequestManager.baDB Failed to execute
request update community_account set hobby='Türk... because of (Request 2579
failed:
BackendThread db1 failed (org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not
convert UTF-8 character 0x00e2 to ISO8859-1
)
BackendThread db2 failed (org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not
convert UTF-8 character 0x00e2 to ISO8859-1
)

Özcan Acar wrote:

Özcan :

There seems to be a problem with character encoding, this might lead to
strange behaviour of the database connection as some character might be
interpreted by the database as controll commands.

we created the datebase with createdb -E LATIN1 db.  Was that wrong?

thanks