Mail Archive Home | c-jdbc List | August 2004 Index

balancing read queries to mysql replicants

we are using MySQL replication and would like to have our applications' SELECT queries be distributed to the MySQL slaves, and the write queries (insert, update, delete) be directed to the MySQL master.

I've looked at the documentation for a while, but it seems that all of the RAIDb levels available to configure c-jdbc will attempt to do the replication for us...executing the writes on all backends. we really don't want this...we'd rather just have c-jdbc perform the job of filtering read queries to the slaves, and write queries to the master.

are there any example virtualdatabase config files for this type of setup? or can someone point me to a tutorial for setting up c-jdbc with this kind of setup?

thanks,
-L

Luke Crouch
918-461-5326