Mail Archive Home | c-jdbc List | May 2005 Index

making a backup

Hi,

I'm trying to make a backup with the text console, but I can't get it to
work. After starting my databases (1 backend, 1 recovery) + controller + text
console, my backend is disabled with an unknown checkpoint. showbackends
gives me:

    Backend Name:              ge1db
    Driver:                    org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    Active transactions:       0
    Pending Requests:          0
    Read Enabled:              false
    Write Enabled:             false
    Is Initialized:            false
    Static Schema:             false
    Connection Managers:       1
    Total Active Connections:  50
    Total Requests:            0
    Total Transactions:        0
    Last known checkpoint:     <unknown>

After foing 'backup ge1db dump1' the backend is still disabled and no
checkpoint is created, but it seems that the backup is going ok (backup dir
is created with a .zip file and sub dirs and files for that dump). In my log
I see:

--------------------
2005-05-30 14:31:10,093 INFO  controller.RequestManager.myDB Launching
octopus f
or backup of backend ge1db
2005-05-30 14:31:10,093 INFO  controller.backup.BackupManager Starting backup
of
 backend ge1db with checkpoint asd
2005-05-30 14:31:10,093 INFO  controller.backup.BackupManager Waiting for
result
 of backup/restore operation on backend ge1db (timeout is 0) ...
2005-05-30 14:31:13,875 INFO  controller.RequestManager.myDB Backup has
complete
d.
--------------------

Also the octopus log seems ok:

--------------------
Default (Standard) Logger is load.
OctopusGenerator started.
GenerateSqlForAllVendors is started.
Working.... SQL Statements for Csv Vendor
CreateIncludeFiles is started. Generating sql and xml files is started.
        createIncludeFiles method is started.
Working....ADDRESS
Working....DOCUMENT
Working....PPOSITION
Working....PRODUCT

done...

        createIncludeFiles method is finished.
CreateIncludeFiles is finished. Generating sql and xml files is finished.
Working.... SQL Statements for HypersonicSQL Vendor
CreateIncludeFiles is started. Generating sql and xml files is started.
        createIncludeFiles method is started.
Working....ADDRESS
Working....DOCUMENT
Working....PPOSITION
Working....PRODUCT

done...

        createIncludeFiles method is finished.
CreateIncludeFiles is finished. Generating sql and xml files is finished.
GenerateSqlForAllVendors is finished.
Duration: 1,203 seconds
OctopusGenerator finished.

What am I doing wrong? Why doesn't this work for me?

Thanks for you help,

Igor