Mail Archive Home | cardamom-users List | September 2006 Index

[Fwd: Components interoperability]

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,
>Hello all,
>
>can anybody enlighten me on the following issues?
>
>1. Java-CCM -- C++CCM interoperability :
>Is it possible to ensure interoperability between a component developed and
>executed with a C++ CCM (e.g. CARDAMOM based on TAO) and a component
>developed and executed within a Java-based CCM (e.g. openCCM based on JacORB)

Yes. CARDAMOM CCM supports both C++ components on TAO and Java components on JacORB. Both Java and C++ components are interoperable.

>?
>
>2. CIAO-CARDAMOM Interoperability:
>is it possible for two components, one developed and executed in the OMG
>Corba Component implementation CARDAMOM framework, communicate with a
>component developed and executed with CIAO, which is a Lightweight CCM
>implementation?
We didn't test this; but this should communicate correctly using IIOP (TAO's default protocol).

>3. Java components hosting:
>CARDAMOM  supports C++ components. Can it also host Java corba components
>(for example based on JacORB, which is able to interoperate with TAO)?
>is there any sort of strategy to develop Java components in the Cardamom
>framework?
CARDAMOM already provides a Java container on JacORB. There is a demo in ProdTests/demos/demo_ccm/java.

>Thanks for your help
>Ciao
>
>Giovanni Scotti

Cheers,