Mail Archive Home | celtix List | November 2005 Index

Re: [celtix-dev] Milestone 2A

Hi John,

On 10 Nov 2005, at 14:46, Lifter, John wrote:
Downloading from French site went smoothly. Be careful, however, as some browsers munge the file extension tgz to gz.
I'm aware of this happening with firefox, are you using another?

Installation of binary distribution was fine and demos built and ran using the ant build system with only the following environment variables:

            JAVA_HOME

            CELTIX_HOME

setting CELTIX_HOME is no longer necessary. If you need to use the tools directly then putting <celtix-dir>/bin on your PATH is helpful.

PATH prefixed with ant/bin directory and JAVA_HOME/bin directory

            CLASSPATH prefixed with CELTIX_HOME/lib/celtix.jar

It still is not clear how to run a compiled demo using java directly rather than the ant script.
These are the commands I used on unix to do this:

$  cd samples/hello_world
$  ant
$  java -cp ./build/classes/:../../lib/celtix.jar demo.hw.server.Server
$ java -Dcatalina.home=../../lib/tomcat/5.5.9/ -cp ./build/ classes/:../../lib/celtix.jar demo.hw.server.Server & $ java -cp ./build/classes/:../../lib/celtix.jar demo.hw.client.Client ./wsdl/hello_world.wsdl

Setting catalina.home for the server is necessary to stop the embedded tomcat http stack getting in a heap. When it's being resolved from a manifest classpath entry (as it is here) it cannot figure out where its home should be so we need to tell it. It's a little nasty but will be fixed soon. Everything else should be self-evident. The celtix.jar contains a manifest classpath entry for all of its dependent jars.
It is still not clear how to build the demo using the wsdl2java and javac commands.
These are the commands on unix I used to do this (this is pretty much what the ant script does):

$ cd sample/hello_world
$ mkdir -p build/classes
$ wsdl2java -d build/classes/ ./wsdl/hello_world.wsdl
$ javac -cp ../../lib/celtix.jar:./build/classes/ -d build/classes/ src/demo/hw/*/*.java

cheers
Conrad