Mail Archive Home | celtix List | November 2005 Index

Celtix Shortly moving to Maven 2.0

Hi All,

As you know Celtix currently uses Ant very heavily for bulid system (both for
source and for samples).
We are currently making plans to migrate ourselves to using Maven 2.0 [1] for
completly automating the celtix project.

We have been working with some of the maven contributors at Apache Maven
project to make this happen before Celtix Milestone 3 i.e Dec 15th, 2005.

How are we going to do this?
If you are tuned to celtix-dev mailing list, you will notice some Maven
related commits starting as early as next week. We are not going to
completely replace the Ant with Maven in the first step. Intially we will be
introducing the Maven build and project automation system keeping the current
ant system to co-exist.
This allows, Celtix users and team to get their hands wet with maven system
while we completely replace Ant system.

Since Maven allows various open source projects to take dependencies, we will
soon be publishing Celtix artefacts to Objectweb's maven repository [2] which
is synced with maven2 repository at ibilio.org

So, if you havent looked at Maven [1], we strongly recommend doing so :)

[1] - http://maven.apache.org/
[2] - http://maven.objectweb.org/
[3] - http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/

regards,