Mail Archive Home | celtix List | June 2006 Index

RE: [celtix] Content-Based Routing

If you are using a handler to do the re-routing then you aren't really using
the router. You can add the handler to any service address defined on the
bus. Wouldn't it be better to create a new router which has extended
configuration to allow it to do content based routing.

We are just looking at this - we have 2 instant uses -

1 - the content based router will pass a messages to an appropriate
tranformer which will convert the message. So it is using the format of the
message to decide where to route (the format may be the root element name)

2 - we have a data requets message with an optional time parameter. When the
time parameter is not specified we want data from the live data server, when
the time is specified we want the data from the historical data server. So
the CBR will use the message name and a parameter to decide where to send the
message to.

I was thinking that we could do this using an XQuery. The config of the CBR
would have a series of Xqueries and destination addresses. If any of the
XQueries return true then that address will be used. The only thing I'm
worried about is that the payload of the message may not be XML and therefore
we wouldn't be able to use Xqueries, maybe that is a future issue as Celtix
currently doesn't support binary bindings (I think).

Excuse me if any of my Celtix defintions are wrong in the above text - if
they are I'm sure there are plenty of knowledgable people out there who can
put me right.

So would a new router be better ?

Thanks

Richard Shaw

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Richard Shaw
Technical Design Authority - Information Solutions Consultancy
Intelligent Transport Systems

Atkins Highways and Transportation
Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BW

Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756407
Fax: +44 (0) 1372 740055
Mob: 07740 817586
E-mail: richard.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx