Mail Archive Home | celtix List | June 2006 Index

Re: [celtix] Server endpoint configuration

Hi Richard,

It is not possible at the moment to configure the address of a server endpoint - even if there was a configurable property named 'address' or so in the endpoint config namespace, the programmatic approach mandated by JAXWS (Endpoint.publish(implementor, address) ) would supercede this.
We'd have to implement a behaviour like::
If the address in Endpoint.publish(...) is null, try to find a value for it through configuration.
But that has not happened yet.

Regards,
Andrea.

Shaw, Richard A wrote:

What is the accepted way of configuring a service endpoint address i.e. the address that an endpoint is published on.

Is there a way of publishing the endpoint in the service (should I call it a servant) using the endpoint-config.xml ? Or should I be creating my own configuration file for my services, I believe Adrian suggested I did this.

This becomes a bigger issue when we have lots of services because we need to ensure that they all have individual addresses. On that matter is there any information about hosting services as servlets, I see some of the examples have config files for this. What I'm not sure about is whether it effects the capabilities and performance of the services. i.e. can we still add server side handlers, etc.

Richard Shaw

*Richard Shaw* Technical Design Authority - Information Solutions Consultancy Intelligent Transport Systems

*Atkins* *Highways and Transportation*
Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BW

Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756407 Fax: +44 (0) 1372 740055 Mob: 07740 817586 E-mail: richard.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

_www.atkinsglobal.com/its_ <http://www.atkinsglobal.com/its>

*This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.*