Mail Archive Home | celtix List | July 2006 Index

Re: [celtix] Intergrating Celtix ESB with JBoss or Tomcat

Hi Richard,

Deploying into JBoss (or any other J2EE container) gives you access to the whole raft of J2EE features: database connection pooling, container managed persistence, container managed transactions, servlet, JCA connectors, etc, etc. Having access to all of the available J2EE features maybe a good or bad thing, depending on your point of view.

(While the above might smack a little of "what have the Romans done for us?", it's not meant in any way to be J2EE advocacy, so hold-fast on the flamage ;-)

The other reason may be a organisational requirements; it's not uncommon for a particular J2EE container to be the mandated deployment environment for IT infrastructure projects. If you are not encumbered in this way, then lucky you.

If neither of the above is compelling, then obviously there's no advantage to using a J2EE container.

Your container stuff sounds interesting. Any chance of providing more information for the community?

rgds
Conrad