Mail Archive Home | celtix List | July 2006 Index

Re: [celtix] Donating code

Thanks for your contribution.
I think the team lead of the project will assign the task to one of the team member to apply your contribution.

And I think you should move to the celtix namespace, since it'll be part of the celtix project, If you can send just your contribution, that will be great, and also you should add the unit tests for your contribution. And make sure your code along with your unit tests comply with the Celtix code conventions, (i.e checkstyle, pmd etc).

I think the easiest way to do this is checkout the celtix source code, and apply a patch, and just submit your patch.

If you have any documents for your contribution, that will be very very helpful for the doc team to update the documents.

Cheers,
James.

Shaw, Richard A 写道:

Can somebody tell me the best approach to donate code to Celtix.

As I've mentioned in a few earlier posts I have an FTP transport which I would like to donate.

Should I move it into the Celtix namespace ?
Who should I send it to ?
Should I send the complete source with my bits added, or just my new bits ?
Do you want my design documentation ?
Should I create test cases for the Maven build (I haven't look at that before) ?

We are also working on the following which might be useful -

Enhancing the Router to do Content Based Routing
Creating an Access Control Handler - which supports content based access control. Initial version will support LDAP.

We have already created a container, but it is dependant upon our configuration manager component, so probably isn't appropriate for donation.

Richard Shaw

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

*Richard Shaw*
Technical Design Authority - Information Solutions Consultancy
Intelligent Transport Systems

*Atkins* *Highways and Transportation*
Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BW

Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756407
Fax: +44 (0) 1372 740055
Mob: 07740 817586
E-mail: richard.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

_www.atkinsglobal.com/its_ <http://www.atkinsglobal.com/its>

*This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.*