Mail Archive Home | celtix List | July 2006 Index

RE: [celtix] Donating code

Title: Donating code
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your involvement and contributions to Celtix.

Best way to contribute is to send in a svn patch file so that somebody from dev team can review and apply the contribution.
Could you please create a feature request for FTP transport in Celtix tracking system so that we can appropriately track the progress of your contribution,
http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=192&atid=350244

Once you have created the patch file you should be able to attach the patch file to the tracker.

We certainly require testcases for the contributions. We dont mind contributions coming in as multiple patches in an iterative approach.
So definetely dont think as if you have to submit everything as a single big patch.
Incase you havent already looked at the developer guidelines for Celtix, please look at them so that it will make life easy to accept the contribution.
https://wiki.objectweb.org/celtix/Wiki.jsp?page=CodingStyleGuide

Once your contributions appear on the Celtix tracking system, we will ensure that somebody from the dev team reviews the patches and applies commits them to Celtix repository.

> Do you want my design documentation ?
Yes, it would be very useful.

On the two topics that you are working on i.e,
> Enhancing the Router to do Content Based Routing
> Creating an Access Control Handler - which supports content based access control. Initial version will support LDAP.

Could you explain to the dev list how you intend to design and implement above pieces in Celtix?
It will be great to see some discussion around these topics.

Regards,
Adi Sakala