Mail Archive Home | celtix List | July 2006 Index

Re: [celtix] Generic data input

Hi Richard,

Look at javax.xml.ws.LogicalMessage, it provides exactly what you want:

javax.xml.transform.Source getPayload()
          Gets the message payload as an XML source, may be called
multiple times on the same LogicalMessage instance, always returns a new
Source that may be used to retrieve the entire message payload.

This payload is not the raw SOAP message or whatever the binding
specifies. It's the XML form of the binding-independent JAXB message in
the form of a transform Source. You immediately have the binding
specifics taken care of for you, there hasn't been any unnecessary
unmarshalling yet (assuming an intelligent binding implementation) and
the payload is in just the form you need to apply an XSLT transform.

You can get access to this message in a
javax.xml.ws.handler.LogicalHandler.

Cheers,
Alan.