Mail Archive Home | celtix List | October 2006 Index

RE: [celtix] question about ws-addressing in Celtix ESB

Hi Sara,

wsa:ReplyTo is supported by Celtix 1.0.

However over-riding this to the none address will not work in a Celtix client, as the client-side MAPAggregator does a sanity check to ensure any ReplyTo set in the AddressingProperties makes sense for this invocation.

As the none URI clearly does not make sense for a twoway request, this is rejected and the ReplyTo is set to the real decoupled response endpoint.

I don't have the Celtix 1.0 codebase to hand right now, but in the analogous Apache CeltiXfire code, note the relevant commentary:

            // ReplyTo, set if null in MAPs or if set to a generic address
            // (anonymous or none) that may not be appropriate for the
            // current invocation

If you want to play with overriding ReplyTo to a dead-end, try a syntactically valid URI that doesn't reference a real HTTP endpoint (e.g. "http://nowhere.nada.nichts/dead_end").

Cheers,
Eoghan