Mail Archive Home | celtix List | October 2006 Index

Re: [celtix] Instrumentation

Hi Richard,

Current Celtix instrumentation get the address information just from the WSDL by WSDLManager, so It can't refelect the current state of published endpoint. The upcomming CXF instrumentation rt core implements will be entirely rewrite. I will take care of your suggestion.

Thanks,

Willem.
Shaw, Richard A wrote:

I think I've found an issue with the bus instrumentation.

I have a system with 3 components (A,B,C) which I run as a process chain. They can be deployed in two ways -

1 - A to C
2 - A to B to C

To be able to do this components B & C support exactly the same interface. So the service name and port names are the same, but the URLs are different e.g. _http://1.2.3.4:9000/B_ and _http://1.2.3.4:9000/C_

When I Iook at the HTTPServerTransport section of the instrumentation when deploying in configuration 2 I only see the entry for B. I can't see C. I start my components in the following order C, B, A.

I guess this is because the list is stored using the port name as the key and it can't recognise that I have two that differ by URL.

The HTTPClientTransport is also wrong - it shows the URL in the WSDL file not the URL that I am using.

I don't expect this to be fixed in Celtix but I would hope by raising these issues for discussion, we can ensure that they are correct in CXF.

Richard Shaw

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

*Richard Shaw* Technical Design Authority - Information Solutions Consultancy Intelligent Transport Systems

*Atkins* *Highways and Transportation*
Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BW

Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756407 Fax: +44 (0) 1372 740055 Mob: 07740 817586 E-mail: richard.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

_www.atkinsglobal.com/its_ <http://www.atkinsglobal.com/its>

*This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.*

Willem Jiang
Software Engineer

IONA Asia Pacific Software Development Center
2/F, Unit A, Information Center
Zhongguancun Software Park Haidian District,
Beijing, P.R.China (100094)

Tel: +86-10-82825151 - 523
Fax: +86-10-82825210
Email: ning.jiang@xxxxxxxx