Mail Archive Home | community List | October 2005 Index

Middleware 2005, November 28th-December 2nd, 2005, Grenoble (France)

Dear all,

We are pleased to invite you to participate or attend the following event:

MIDDLEWARE 2005

ACM/IFIP/USENIX 6th International Middleware Conference

Grenoble, France
November 28th - December 2nd, 2005

The Middleware conference is a forum for the discussion of important innovations and recent advances in the design and construction of middleware.
Following the success of past conferences in this series, the 6th International Middleware Conference will be the premier event for middleware research and technology in 2005. The scope of the conference is the design, implementation, deployment, and evaluation of distributed system platforms and architectures for future computing and communication environments. Note that the
3rd International Working Conference on Component Deployment (CD 2005) will be co-located with Middleware 2005

More about Middleware Conference at http://middleware05.objectweb.org/

ObjectWeb will be a partner for this event and will give a 2-days workshop.

Preliminary agenda:

Monday November 28th

Morning: "ObjectWeb: from research to innovation"

ObjectWeb has in place and intends to sustain a 'knowledge & technology" pipeline ensuring the continuous transfer of results from computer science research (both academic and industrial) to software development. We already have in ObjectWeb the results from recent, world class research, eg in the area of component-based and aspect-oriented system engineering, as exemplified by the Fractal and JAC projects, respectively. In turn, this pipeline, and the strength of the R&D teams involved allow ObjectWeb to feature a unique range of middleware components, from operating system kernels to higher-level middleware functions such as XML-based Web service.

If you are interested to give a presentation in this workshop, please send an email to contact at objectweb.org

Afternoon: Workshop RFID
The goal of ObjectWeb RFID initiative is to build an RFID middleware, based on ObjectWeb components.
Potential topics:
1.The device/reader driver framework
2.RFID network
3.Enterprise Integration Layer
If you are interested to give a presentation in this workshop, please contact David Li (mailto: taweili at yahoo.com)

Tuesday November 29th

All day: Workshop Fractal
The goal of the Fractal workshop is to present recent developments around the Fractal model and to discuss the evolution of the Fractal ObjectWeb project.

There will be in parallel of these workshops demo and poster sessions focusing on ObjectWeb projects. If you are interested by this opportunity, please contact us.

You ObjectWeb members are very welcome to attend this event.

If you are interested only by the ObjectWeb Workshop, you have the possibility to attend free of charge. You will get in that case a specific badge, and will not have access to lunches organized for Middleware. It is necessary to warn me by mail at the latest on November 18th and let me know your name and organization.

If you are interested by others workshops or wish to benefit from lunches, you will have to register normally to the Middleware Conference at http://middleware05.objectweb.org/MW-05-Registration.pdf .

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

Catherine Nuel