Mail Archive Home | deployment List | May 2004 Index

Re: [fractal] Re: [architecture] Fractal packaging & deployment, bis

Thierry COUPAYE wrote:

"seed" or "germ" should be reserved for bootstrapping issues wrt a deployment infrastructure IMHO. Maybe we can find something better than 'package' but frankly, package is just fine for me. We would just have to say 'java package' when speaking about java package (!) and package otherwise. Sun takes words like 'interface' or 'package' and gives them very strange semantics, i don't see why this should prevent us for using these words which have a natural meaning to most people.

Considering that the Fractal audience is largely Java-based, I am not sure that this is the best rationale.