Alain BOULZE
INRIA Rhone-Alpes - ObjectWeb
ESB Initiative
email  : alain.boulze at objectweb.org
cell     : +33 (0)6.21.09.43.66
phone : +33 (0)4.76.61.54.65
http://www.inrialpes.fr,http://www.objectweb.org

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Naci Dai [mailto:naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : jeudi 23 mars 2006 20:33
À : Alain BOULZE
Cc : eclipse-stp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: RE : [eclipse-stp] ObjectWeb representation at EclipseCON

Dear Alain and all,

We had two meeting during eclipsecon about stp, one with the PMC members Carl/Karl/Oisin about the current issues and next steps, and the second meeting was a more widely attended committers face2face meeting on wednesday evening.

To do a short summary, the following topics were discussed:

- There are lot of opportunities for inter-project collaboration and  stp should promote it.  However, the proper approach would be to provide a potential subproject a home if they choose to be under STP and that it aligns with the STP charter.  bpmn and b2j are potential candidates both fall  into this category.  bpel project currently  is a project, although there are many commonalities that could be exploited, it will be upto the contributors of a subproject to decide if/when/what they choose to contributed to stp.  Some components such as wsdl and xml editors and server runtime adapters from wtp were also discussed as potential reuse opportunities.

- Only standard that STP stipulates is the SCA.  Project architecture will be determined by the SCA standard.  It was made clear that there will be runtimes that support other related standards such as OSGI (compuware), JBI (Petals/EBM WebSourcing), ServiceMix, etc..   STP will be open to contributions to provide mappings and  adapters from SCA to JBI/OSGI/tc.  and alternate runtimes.  I have indicated that ObjectWeb(EBM Web Sourcing) is prepared to contribute to the project in this respect.

- Two initial code contributions are available b2j from scapa and SCA core models from IBM.  Eteration will get the build system started so that the project starts producing releases as early as the next two weeks.  Other contributions are so far very vague and it was not clear when they would be made.

- Currently, PMC is composed of IONA (Oisin) - RedHat (Karl) - Sysbase (Carl) and ObjectWeb (Alain).  It was decided that each entity to name a "second" to achieve a continuity.  This is an action item for Alain.

Hi all,

Hereunder some complementary notes to be discussed during the audio,

Alain

--
Alain BOULZE