Mail Archive Home | enhydra List | Febuary 1999 Index

Re: Enhydra: Session timeout.

>    I havn't had time to dig around very deep into the source, but I need to
>know where to latch the session timeout. I want to post the sessionData to
>my database (DO) before it closes via timeout. Is it as easy as a simple
>override? or do I need to do something funky?

Check out the class
com.lutris.appserver.server.session.StandardSessionManager.
It has a method sessionDeleted() that is a hook for this exact reason.
You would need to write your own SessionManager (just extend Std.Sess.Mgr.),
and override this method (which currently does nothing).

Bringing the sessions back to life is trickier. Check out the method
getSession()... maybe it could check the DB and re-recreate the session.
More on this later...

Andy John