Re: Enhydra: Enhydra & XML for live B2B Data Exchange...

Matthew Clark wrote:

> What support does Enhydra have for the Marshalling & Unmarshalling of XML
> documents?  We already communicate with several large corporate internal
> systems via XML and we currently use our own in-house XML server to handle
> this - it works well but adding new handlers is a fairly lengthy process.
> We currently use Xerces & Xalan to parse & process documents.

A new package, org.enhydra.xml.binding, that I wrote is being put in
soon. It will be availble for download from the FTP site very soon - I'm
working on that now. The framework is covered in the IBM DeveloperWorks
XML Zone (http://www.ibm.com/developer). So yes to al your questions ;-)

-Brett

> I am after a tool that will take varying XML docs and either populate a
> record in a table or instantiate a Java object.  I have had a look at a few
> of the available open-source tools and assume that these could be (and
> probably are) easily used with Enhydra.  They are fairly time-consuming to
> get to know (usually due to major lack of docs) and could probably do with
> more friendly APIs...
>
> Bear in mind that this is live communication between B2B sites so many tools
> that take static XML docs and throw out Java classes are of little use...
>
> Any information and experiences would be appreciated!!
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthew Clark.

Brett McLaughlin, Enhydra Strategist
Lutris Technologies, Inc.