Mail Archive Home | enhydra List | August 2005 Index

user-agent session id question

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with session ids and various search engine bots
hitting the same links over and over again because of the session ids
getting stuck on the url.  I looked into creating a custom SessionManager
that would reuse a special session whenever bots hit the site, but as far as
I can tell, there's no way to detect the User-Agent from the SessionManager.

Does anyone have any thoughts or any ideas how prevent new session ids from
being generated for specific user-agents?  Thanks!

Joe Osburn
Internet Exposure, Inc.
http://www.iexposure.com
josburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web Development - Web Marketing - ISP Services
(612) 676-1946 x12