Mail Archive Home | enhydra List | August 2005 Index

Re: [enhydra] Problem with UTF-8 and POST method in EE 6.3

Hi,

answers inline.

Best regards.
João Paulo Ribeiro

Lofi Dewanto wrote:
Hi João,

thanks a lot for your hints!

<quote>
In my case the problem was that the bytes was transformed in to String without explicit encoding.
</quote>

Yes, I think this is my problem too, since it works with GET and
only in POST I have to transform the bytes to String by myself...

My questions now:

1) So I don't need to add "charset=utf-8" in my form method?
Should it stay like this?
<form method="post" action="" name="FileUpload" id="FormMethod" enctype="multipart/form-data">
JPR -  by default if send the html page to the client in utf-8, any GET or POST from this page will be in utf-8.
It will not hurt if you leave it there.
2) Where do you get this constant?
HttpUtils.ENCODING
I cannot find it...

JPR - javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils
Another question: Is there any Enhydra utility class to handle
POST method easily and taking care of such things like above?
IMO, everyone use POST method in HTML forms, so would be great
if we don't have to write such a method by ourself... :-)

JPR - I agree.
Thanks a lot and cheers,