Re: [enhydra] Problem with UTF-8

Hi Slobodan,

thanks a lot for your fast response!

<Slobodan>
New Enhydra Enterprise 6.5-1 contains revised Enhydra Director Connector
implementation which also supports this (same) parameter.
Sorry, but "|useBodyEncodingForURI|" was not supported by Director
Connector implementation included in EE 6.3-1 release!
</Slobodan>

OK, but I need to use EE 6.3 because OpenUSS 2.0 is not yet tested
within EE 6.5 (new JOnAS etc.) and I won't manage to update OpenUSS 2.0
in a short time to use EE 6.5... So my next question is:

Is there any way to *force* Enhydra Director within EE 6.3 to serve
UTF-8? Do I need to make Apache (1.3) to serve UTF-8 for this purpose?
If yes, could you please point me how I can reach this? Change and
update the httpd.conf file? Where?

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your answer!

BTW.: I know we are very slow in updating OpenUSS. The next version
should be updated with EE 6.5 or maybe till then you will already release EE 7.0 :-)
Blasius Lofi Dewanto
OpenUSS - Open University Support System
http://openuss.sourceforge.net
E-Mail   : dewanto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lofi,

For Tomcat HTTP connector you should try with setting
"|useBodyEncodingForURI|" on "true".

|useBodyEncodingForURI - |specifies if the encoding specified in
contentType should be used for URI query parameters, instead of using
the URIEncoding. This setting is present for compatibility with Tomcat
4.1.x, where the encoding specified in the contentType, or explicitely
set using Request.setCharacterEncoding method was also used for the
parameters from the URL. The default value is |false|.

New Enhydra Enterprise 6.5-1 contains revised Enhydra Director Connector
implementation which also supports this (same) parameter.
Sorry, but "|useBodyEncodingForURI|" was not supported by Director
Connector implementation included in EE 6.3-1 release!

Regards,
Slobodan Vujasinovic
Enhydra Development Team