Re: [enhydra] Problem with UTF-8

Hi Lofi,

According to the old Director Connector implementation, encoding specified in contentType should be used for URI query parameters (just as new Director Connector with "useBodyEncodingForURI" parameter set on "true")!

We have tested this feature on Enhydra Snapper (full text search framework) application and everything works fine (EE 6.3-1)!

Only encoding addition which application contains is:

public boolean run (HttpPresentationComms comms)
                               throws HttpPresentationException {
 comms.response.setEncoding("UTF-8");
 comms.request.getHttpServletRequest().setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
}
implemented in basic PO object!

Is your application working correctly when you are going trough Tomcat HTTP connector (directly - not trough Apache)?

Regarding Apache reconfiguration:
This is something that should be done via the AddCharset <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#addcharset> (Apache 1.3.10 and later) or AddType <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#addtype> directives, for directories or individual resources (files). With AddDefaultCharset <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset> (Apache 1.3.12 and later), it is possible to set the default 'charset' for a whole server.

Regards,
 Slobodan Vujasinovic
Enhydra Development Team

Lofi Dewanto wrote:

Hi Slobodan,

thanks a lot for your fast response!

<Slobodan>
New Enhydra Enterprise 6.5-1 contains revised Enhydra Director Connector
implementation which also supports this (same) parameter.
Sorry, but "|useBodyEncodingForURI|" was not supported by Director
Connector implementation included in EE 6.3-1 release!
</Slobodan>

OK, but I need to use EE 6.3 because OpenUSS 2.0 is not yet tested
within EE 6.5 (new JOnAS etc.) and I won't manage to update OpenUSS 2.0
in a short time to use EE 6.5... So my next question is:

Is there any way to *force* Enhydra Director within EE 6.3 to serve
UTF-8? Do I need to make Apache (1.3) to serve UTF-8 for this purpose?
If yes, could you please point me how I can reach this? Change and
update the httpd.conf file? Where?

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your answer!

BTW.: I know we are very slow in updating OpenUSS. The next version
should be updated with EE 6.5 or maybe till then you will already release EE 7.0 :-)