To: <enhydra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:18 PM
Subject: [enhydra] Problem with UTF-8 on EE-6.5-1

Hi.

I have a real problem with UTF-8 encoding in Enhydra Enterprise.

I have set everything like this:

1) Change the HTML file to have this line:

2) Add this line into xmlc file:
-html:encoding utf-8

3) Add this line into presentation.conf:
Application.Encoding = "utf-8"

4) Add this to server.xml -> URIEncoding="utf-8"
<Connector port="9000"
debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000" URIEncoding="utf-8"
disableUploadTimeout="true" />

But I am still not able to get proper characters from my page request.
Everything defined in html files (include utf-8 characters) is printed
properly but if I want to do this from my Example.java:

ExampleHTML page =
(ExampleHTML)myComms.xmlcFactory.create(ExampleHTML.class);
page.getElementTest().getFirstChild().setNodeValue("Czech characters ...
in utf-8");

Final output printed for my page request are bad messed encoded
characters!
But all utf-8 characters (untouched by java - set statically in HTML
file) are printed properly.

Java 1.4.2-09 + EE6.5-1 + Tomcat + Eclipse 3.0.0 (included with EE)
running all these on standard Debian Sarge 3.1 with ISO8859-2 locales.

Thank you for your advices.