Mail Archive Home | javaservice List | November 2004 Index

Specify the user that a Java Service will run as?

First off, thanks to everyone who has worked on JavaService.  It has been a
very useful tool for us.

Here is my question:

We have one situation where we need to run a Java service as a user other
than the "LocalSystem" user.  Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this
with JavaService other than manually editing the service after it has been
installed?

Thanks,

Michael Richards
Software Engineer