Mail Archive Home | javaservice List | Febuary 2005 Index

Removing javaservice's through instsrv

Hi,

I have a problem, and although not directly related to javaservice, I
wondered if anybody had seen something similar, since it only seems to
happen to javaservice services...

Basically, when try to delete a javaservice service using:
        instserv "service name" REMOVE

The service does not get removed, it just becomes disabled in the service
manager until I reboot. They *do* get removed if I don't actually start the
service, but if I do actually start the service, and then try and remove,
they just hang around until a reboot, which is difficult for the machine I
want to run them on...

So anyone seen anything like this? Any idea how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kieron Wilkinson

Pareto Partners is a Mellon Financial Company.  Pareto Partners is
authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Pareto(r) is
the registered trademark of Pareto Partners.  This message may contain
confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in
error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately