Mail Archive Home | javaservice List | April 2005 Index

Tools.jar

Title: Tools.jar

I am using JavaService to run CruiseControl as a Windows service.  When I run CruiseControl from its usual batch file everything seems to be fine but when I run it via JavaService I get an error:

Unable to locate tools.jar.  Expected to find it in C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_02\lib\tools.jar

I have changed the classpath on the command line to JavaService to correctly specify the location of tools.jar as follows:

CruiseControlService.exe -install "Cruise Control" %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll -Djava.class.path="%CRUISE_PATH%";%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar -start CruiseControl -params %* -out %CCDIR%\service_out.log -err %CCDIR%\service_err.log -current %CCDIR%\bin

Where JAVA_HOME is set to C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02

Any help would be appreciated, as I do not know why it thinks tools.tar should be anywhere else.

Neil Bentley
AMS Consultant

LogicaCMG

200 Woodlands Court