Mail Archive Home | javaservice List | November 2005 Index

Special characters in params

Hi,

I am trying to use JavaService to install and run my java application as a windows service. Everything seems great except that parameter -startup is not passed accurately to my java class.

When I try -params -startup or -params "-startup", the error comes up saying unrecognized params.

When I try -params '-startup' (single quotes) or -params \-startup (escape it) the param is sent in to my java class along with the single quotes or the escape character.

My question -- how do I send in a parameter -startup to my java class.

Thanks in advance,
Rupa