Mail Archive Home | javaservice List | June 2006 Index

Could not call the start method.

Greetings,

I'm using JavaService-1.2.7 with Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP
Professional and have a couple of problems.

On Win2000, with service configured to start automatically rebooting
the machine produces a "Could not call the start method" in the Event
log.  If I log into the machine and start my service using the Services
Manager, all is fine.

With WinXP, manually starting the service gives the "Could not
call ..." message.

Anybody know why this happens and what I can do about it?

Thanks.

David