Mail Archive Home | jawe List | March 2003 Index

Re: Jawe: Some answers...

Hi,

As I understand XPDL spec., the extended attributes are used to enable
vendor specific demands in creation of business process model. The extended
attributes could be anything, and I think that it can't be implemented  in
general, but we have to decide which extended attributes will be JaWE
specific, define it, and then to find a way to incorporate it within JaWE.
The JaWE specific extended attributes (in the sense of manually defining and
managing it - not automatically as activity position and so on) are "User
defined activity properties".
Also, the workflow engine that will execute these XPDLs need to be awared
about these extended attributes in detail.

When you go to the Model->Processes in the table displayed there should be
the column Extended attributes (I am not sure now, maybe it was in some
previous version of  JaWE), so I thought that was the thing that confused
you, and made you think that adding extended attributes for processes is
possible.