Re: Jawe: Performers?

Hi Giuseppe,

You are right, JaWE assigns performer element to every activity of Generic
type (Tool or No type, which have the same visual presentation), but it
doesn't to the Block, Route and SubFlow type activities.
WfMC allows performer tag to be optional, but I think it is because of Route,
SubFlow and Block type activities.
I think that every Generic activity (Tool and No types) has to  be performed
by someone (either human or machine), so there should be performer element
for every Generic activity.
Your solution to manually remove performer tag, and then reload XPDL with
JaWE will keep activity without performer until you move the activity within
the graph, so this is not very helpful.
Although I think that there is no need to create activity without performer,
it will be able to do it with JaWE when we implement default (visual)
participant.
When you put some activity into such participant, you will be able to edit
its performer element to be some expression or to be empty.