From: "Giuseppe Laurita" <giuseppe.laurita@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jawe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 12:21
Subject: RE: Jawe: Important JaWE improvements

> Great work,
> but please, change the "free text expression partecipant" background
color... because is the same gray of lines (connectors)... or it seems on my
machine.

> giuseppe

expression. When you put some generic activity into such participant, you
can edit its performer field, and enter what ever you like (including
nothing). Such activity will be written to XPDL with its performer field
value equal to the one you entered, or if you didn't enter anything ->
activity will not have a performer element written in XPDL.

> 2. changed mouse double-click use
> Now it opens the property dialog for selected item (previously it was used
to enter process, subflow and block activity content).

> 3. introduced XPDL preview of graphs you've created
> You can always switch to the XPDL view of the graphs you are creating.
When you are at the "package level", you can see the whole package
definition in exact form as it will be written to the XPDL when you save
your document. When you are at the "process level", you can see the process
definition part of XPDL as it will be written to the XPDL. And when you are
at the "block activity level", you can see the definition of ActivitySet as
it will be written to the XPDL.

> Have anyone tried the LDAP feature of JaWE???
> I think this is a great feature! One can connect the LDAP server of its
organization and create processes using the real user logins for Ids. When
such a process is enacted by the engine, the engine could also browse the
LDAP server for the certain users, so you do not have to do
participant->real user mapping. Also the engine could be realized such that
it connects the LDAP server when user want to log in, to check it's username
and password.

> We would be very grateful if Harald and Gilles (or maybe someone else)
could update the German and French property files. Also it would be great if
someone can create the property files for other languages. The Huijun Yang
started to implement Chinese property file, can we expect something soon???.