Mail Archive Home | jawe List | April 2004 Index

JaWE´s Participants Handling

Title: Looping in Jawe

Hi Sasa,

Hello @all JaWE users,

Is there a possibility to change JaWE participants handling. Everytime the JaWE-user creates a new process two things are done:

1)       A “freetextparticipant” is added and can’t be deleted, because he is used when the user adds an generic activity that hasn’t any performer

2)       Before the user is able to add an activity, there must be a Performer, a “kind of container for the activity”.

Ok! Until now, I see no problem ;) …

If we suppose now that there is only one possible ParticipantType, the Participant “System”, how can I force JaWE to add the participant SYSTEM automatically into the ProcessEditor without showing the “participant Type Dialog”. The user shall not be able to add another participant type than SYSTEM or to use two SYSTEM participants in one Process definition, because the Workflow to design contains no human performers but only one System!

How would you implement this? By changing the insert..() methods of WorkflowManager.java, or by restricting the possible participant types declared in ParticipantType.java?? Or, perhaps, it isn’t very intelligent to change this, because this change could easily disturb other functionalities of JaWE?

Thank you for helping,

Best regards,

            Stephan Radermacher