Mail Archive Home | jawe List | April 2004 Index

Re: [jawe] Help with Jawe modelling a process

Hi,

1. if you use XPDL processes in enhydra shark, through its
admin/worklisthandler application, to be able to enter some variable value
when executing some manual activity, you should define an ExtendedAttribute
for this XPDL activity definition. I.e., if you want to be able update
process variable 'x' when executing activity, in activity's XPDL definition
you should add following ext. attribute:

    <ExtendedAttribute Name="VariableToProcess_UPDATE" Value="x"/>

and if you want only to see it, you should add following ext. attribute:

    <ExtendedAttribute Name="VariableToProcess_VIEW" Value="status"/>

In JaWE, you can do it by getting property dialog of activity (right-click
on activity, and select Properties), going to its Extended attributes tab,
clicking New, and entering VariableToProcess_UPDATE in Name field, and x in
value field.

2. you have properly modeled your process, and to be able to enter data
using shark's admin/worklisthandler application, you just need to add some
ext. attribs. on every manual activity that need to process some variable.

These ext. attribs. are specific to enhydra shark's client applications
(shark engine does not need it).
You can read more about shark in its documentation (download CVS version of
shark, build it using "configure" and then "make", and after that you will
have some documentation in output\Shark\doc folder - maybe you should first
read doc\SharkAdmin\shark_admin.html document)