Mail Archive Home | jawe List | June 2004 Index

Re: [jawe] condition element

> some minor issue (using jawe cvs20040506):
>
> in jawe it is possible to choose the type of a condition of 5 choices
> for activity postcondition:
>
> <empty>
> Condition
> Otherwise
> Exception
> Default exception
>
> however, default for new activities is "Condition" selected, but if
> nothing else is entered, no condition is created in xpdl
> but if type <empty> is chosen and an expression is entered, a Condition
> element is created without the attribute type and that expression
> inside: what does that do in shark? i´m not sure but think this
> attribute is optional (it doesn´t say in the xml schema) so it´s valid
> xml schema ...
>
> maybe it would be more clear, if default preselection is <empty> instead
> of Condition and if <empty> is selected, no expression is accepted, but
> if anything else is selected, an expression must be given?
>
>> - mfG Mag. Stefan Ohrhallinger             -o)
>> Bundesministerium für Inneres              /\\
>> Support-Unit ZMR, Tel: +43 1 31346 39162  _\_v

Hi,

if Condition element type attribute is not specified, shark assumes that
it is Condition (I'm not sure if it is also default in XML Schema - I'll
take a look).
Also, I think that according to WfMC spec., we shouldn't introduce the
restrictions you are talking about - it should be possible i.e. to have
Condition element without type specified to have an expression  (there is
such usage in WfMC example processes), and also I think that the other
case should not be restricted also (not having an expression when the type
is specified).