Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 12:32 PM
Subject: [jawe] making it work!

Hello list,
I am a new user of Jawe and Shark engine
I quite appreciate the magnitude of work that has been done and I am especially enthused by the possibility of writing store procedures/applications for an activity of the process to execute.
So far in my evaluation of Jawe and Shark for this purpose, I have written a simple calculator class in java and it's sweet that the (shark engine) executes the activity containing the procedure well.
However, when I tried to step this up a little by making my stored procedure to send an email to someone, I get no meaningful result.
Instead the Shark server returns error about the mail.jar api that the store procedure class uses to send the mail.
What I did to make the process work well
I added the mail.jar which is the one Library api that the class uses to the C:/Shark-1.0/lib but I still get the error that it cannot find the api (javax.mail.)
My questions
1.What am I doing wrong? someone to pls point this out for me.
2. If I write a store procedure that needs to reference a library api (*.jar) where do I put the api file in the shark engine directory to make the store procedure able to reference the api when it is executing.
3.What is the diference between a stored procedure and an application and at what point of process modelling is each best utilized.
Pls I will appreciate response from everyone and probably links to sites or documentations that can facilitate my understanding about this subject.
I thank you all in advance and expect to hear from you today.
Yours truly,
Samson