Mail Archive Home | jawe List | June 2004 Index

Re: [jawe] Types definitions not inherited

Hi,

WfMC spec. states that only Participants, Applications and WorkflowProcess
Ids are "inherited" from external package.
So, there is no way to do this, because if we would implement it, we would go
beyond WfMC spec.
You could create the same TypeDeclaration in the main package as you do in
external one, but I think JaWE/Shark will report
validation error if appropriate formal parameter mode is different that "IN"
(I think this could be changed in JaWE - it should
relax checking on Declared types).
Also, we could maybe implement possibility to automatically import
TypeDeclarations from external packages if user wants so
(something like this happens when we are importing processes from other
packages - see Package->Import external process).