Mail Archive Home | jawe List | September 2005 Index

Picklist Question Revisited

Hi all

I've being trying to implemented the following in Shark/Jawe for the last week, and not having much success:

I basically want a three-step process, where the user picks a garment-type, then style, then colour, from three picklists, each filtered by what was selected in the previous step. eg. Coat - Trench-coat - Tangerine.

To this end, I have created a toolagent-compliant java class called DbLister, which allows me to extract a specified column (or expression composed of various columns) from a name table, filtered by a specified expression. The class returns its results as an array of strings.

The tricky part comes in at this point - Defining the wf parameter to accept the resuits passed back by DbLister.

If I define it thusly:

<DataField Id="AllGarments" IsArray="TRUE">
<DataType>
       <BasicType Type="STRING"/>
   </DataType>
</DataField>

I'm am informed by the shark engine (1.1-2) that the output parameter is of an invalid type after the execute task in the toolagent has completed. Needless to say, my picklist never materializes.

The other suggestion I received was to define variable like this:
<DataField Id="AllGarments" IsArray="TRUE">
   <DataType>
        <ArrayType LowerIndex="0" UpperIndex="100">
              <BasicType Type="STRING"/>
         </ArrayType>
   </DataType>
</DataField>

When I try to upload this particular configuration to the shark engine, I receive the following error message:
Workflow relevant data: Id= AllGarments, Name=All Garments
Data type is not supported - currently supported types are basic types:BOOLEAN, STRING, INTEGER, FLOAT, DATETIME, as well as their type declaration versions.

Is what I am trying to do even possible via the WorkList handler, or would I be better off writing a servlet or jsp that fished the relevant Id's out and used these to kick-start the process?

Looking forward to your replies.

Sean