Mail Archive Home | jawe List | June 2006 Index

Re: AW: [jawe] JaWE based JPEd released

Hi,

Madl Alfred - Together AT wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Thanks for your efforts. Please just correct the project license to LGPL,
> JaWE is not GPL but LGPL since 2.x !

We have changed the license in accordance with §3 of the LGPL. We think
that the ordinary GPL will better protect our rights when we add any
(planned) extensions.

> Regarding WfMOpen specific modules: We would be very interested in your
> thoughts about a possible customization of JaWE for special WfMOpen needs.
> Could you provide us e.g. a list of extended attributes, etc. that WfMOpen
> uses ? Any XPDL elements / attribute to hide ? Special activity types ?

The WfMOpen/WfMCore specific extensions are documented in
http://wfmopen.sourceforge.net/userapi/de/danet/an/workflow/api/doc-files/user-manual.html#XPDL.extensions

Basically, there are three extensions.

(1) We do not rely on a repository for tools. Rather, we use an
extension to make the "tool declaration" in the process description a
"tool definition" by adding an implementation class (with optional
properties).

(2) Some simple extensions allow the designer to specify if the process
is to be removed automatically if it is closed, if it is to be started
in debug mode and if (and how) audit event logging should be restricted.

(3) Finally, WfMOpen/WfMCore supports the deferred choice pattern if a
certain extended attribute is defined at an activity with AND-split.

Regards,

    Michael

--
Dr. Michael N. Lipp
Solution Architect

Danet GmbH, Gutenbergstraße 10, 64331 Weiterstadt, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 868-476, Fax: +49 6151 868-264
eMail: Michael.Lipp@xxxxxxxx, URL: www.danet.com
Managing Board: Dr. Reiner Nickel (CEO), Dr. Burkhard Austermühl (CFO);
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jaques Bentz; Address of Record:
Weiterstadt; Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6450;
Tax Number: DE 172 993 071