Mail Archive Home | jmob List | Febuary 2004 Index

Re: [college] A benchmarking student project

I remind you that CLIF is an injection framework that has been designed to inject load in a system to automate benchmarking. CLIF is implemented in Fractal and I can only encourage other initiatives to contribute to CLIF.
Main components include:
- scenarios to inject load
- sensors/probes to monitor the system
- console to deploy a distributed load, control the load injection scenario and display monitoring information.

Bruno Dillenseger is the lead of CLIF and will explain it much better than me, but I encourage you to develop CILF scenarios (Fractal components) to benchmark your systems.
We could organize a meeting of this topic if you wish.

Emmanuel