Mail Archive Home | oscar List | June 2004 Index

Re: [oscar] R3.24 Jini Driver Service

I don't have a clear understanding of what is going on. I was able to test Oscar last night with both the http.jar and messenger.jar (that use javax.servlet and Service Tracker, respectively) and they worked fine. There is something that I am missing.

Please send me your manifest and, if possible, the bundles necessary to test it...you can send them to me personally.

-> richard

nico.goeminne@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I've just tested my expermental KF Jini Driver Service in the new OSCAR
release.

I set up :

1. the jini Lookup Service (sun's reggie).
2. the jini Browser client (included with sun's jini sdk)
3. a KF 1.3.0 OSGi Service Platform with the JiniDriver installed and started
4. installed on that platform a bundle that registers a HelloServiceImpl
(retruns the a greeting string) and that set's the EXPORT service attribute
(see R3.24)
5. a OSCAR 1.0 Service Platrform + servlet.jar, http.jar, osgi-util.jar,
osgi-service.jar and the JiniDriver.
6. I installed on the OSCAR platform an interface bundle, that exposed the
HelloService interface class.
7. installed a testbundle that asks the jinidriver for any services that are
compatible with the HelloService (of course that triggerd the
HelloServiceImpl from the KF platform to be downloaded from the jini Lookup
Service and installed in the OSCAR platform)
8. used the HelloService to say hi (requseted an OSGi HelloService, and got
the one registered in step 7)

So the test succeded and I was able to use the OSGi service registered in KF
as an OSGi service in OSCAR. There's only one but :
I had to include both osgi.jar and servlet.jar in the classpath when starting
OSCAR, else I'd get a ClassNotDefFoundError on classes from the javax.servlet
or on the org.osgi.util.tracker packages. Could this be just a version
problem or a more complex matter such as BundleClassLoading or Context
ClassLoading?

Greets,
Nico