Mail Archive Home | oscar List | June 2004 Index

Re: [oscar] problem with oscar 1.0.0 and Sun Java

Strange. It works fine for me under Fedora Core 1. I just tested a fresh install and I was able to deploy "HTTP Admin" with all of its dependencies. Here is the Java I am using:

java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)

As you can see, it is the same as yours.

There is a pause when you enter the GUI, because it is reading from the network, but it shouldn't take that long and it will come back and update the table.

Are you sure it is still working under text mode for you?

-> richard

nils.ratusznik@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

I just downloaded Oscar 1.0.0 this morning. Once the .oscar directory
erased, I installed with GUI shell. I ran Oscar, but when entering in the
OBR section, Oscar freezes :p

Oscar doesn't freeze in text mode. Here is the version of Java I use :

java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode

I'll try with Kaffe 1.1.4 (only for text mode) in the next few days.

The betas version worked with kaffe in text mode (I didn't try with GUI
shell).

That's all for my feedback.

--
Nils Ratusznik