Mail Archive Home | oscar List | June 2004 Index

Re: [oscar] problem with oscar 1.0.0 and Sun Java

Here is a URL that tells you how to set the proxy for your JVM:

   http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0085.html

-> richard

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Yes, firewalls will be problematic.

There is some system property you can set when starting the JVM to tell it to use your proxy when creating a connection to a URL, although I don't remember what the name of this property is.

Currently, OBR doesn't have a proxy setting, but this is something we could add a command for, e.g., "obr proxy" and create an obr property. I will put this on my "to do" list for OBR and release an independent OBR update.

-> richard

Nico Goeminne wrote:

When I use the obr section it "hangs" for a while until the java socket
timeout kicks in.
I couldn't get a connection. I think this has to do with our firewall, it
doesn't allow any direct connections,
rather it should go trough it's proxy. (This is a thing I don't know much
about)

1. Is it possible to set either one :
  - The http proxy for the JVM
  - The http proxy for the OBR bundle

2. Is there any special java coding requierd by a bundle/java program in
order to make it work trough proxies
3. How does one inflicts a security layer.

4. Would a SSL OSGi Service be an usefull service. For example Creating a
ServiceFactory that provides
secure httpsockets. Now every bundle needs to setup secure connections by
itself.

Kind regards,
Nico